The purpose of this study was to evaluate the Permanent Diaconate in the U.S. Catholic Church and help to determine its future direction. The National Study on the Permanent Diaconate consisted of a four-phase, two-year study. The study of Catholic Deacons' Supervisors was Phase III.
- Data File
- Cases: 531
Weight Variable: None
- Data Collection
- Date Collected: 1994-1995
- Funded By
- The National Conference of Catholic Bishops and the Catholic Church Extension Society of the United States of America
- Collection Procedures
- A self-administered mail survey
- Sampling Procedures
- Out of 5,369 deacon questionnaires, 1,719 names and addresses of supervisors were picked out of these, 533 questionnaires or 31pecent were returned and processed.
- Principal Investigators
- Bishop Dale J. Melczek, Reverend Eugene Hemrick, Dr. James R. Kelly, Deacon Samuel M. Taub
- Related Publications
- A National Study on the Permanent Diaconate of the Catholic Church in the United States, 1994-1995.