The Faith Communities Today 2010 national survey brings together 26 individual surveys of congregations. Twenty-four were conducted by or for partner denominations and faith groups, representing 32 of the country’s largest denominations and traditions. The common core questionnaire of the survey replicates more than 150 questions from the 2000, 2005 and 2008 surveys, plus a special section on the 2008 recession. This dataset contains the FACT 2010 data from the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA).
- Data File
- Cases: 467
Weight Variable: None
- Data Collection
- Date Collected: January-March, 2011
- Original Survey (Instrument)
- ELCA Faith Communities Today 2010 National Survey of Congregations
- Funded By
- The Lilly Endowment, Inc.
- Collection Procedures
- Sampled congregations were sent copies of the survey instrument and invited to complete the survey either on paper or online.
- Sampling Procedures
- One thousand of 10,126 total ELCA congregations were invited to participate. All 590 congregations who responded to the 2008 U.S. Congregational Life Survey were included in the sample, while congregations not responding to the 2008 survey were removed from the sampling frame. The remaining 410 congregations were selected using a systematic sample stratified by ELCA region and baptized membership.
Of the 1,000 surveys sent, 461 were returned, for an overall response rate of 46.1 percent.
- Principal Investigators
- Department for Research and Evaluation, Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA)