The Faith Communities Today 2010 national survey brings together 26 individual surveys of congregations. Twenty-four were conducted by or for partner denominations and faith groups, representing 32 of the country’s largest denominations and traditions. The common core questionnaire of the survey replicates more than 150 questions from the 2000, 2005 and 2008 surveys, plus a special section on the 2008 recession. This dataset contains the FACT 2010 data from the Church of the Nazarene.
- Data File
- Cases: 394
Weight Variable: None
- Data Collection
- Date Collected: 2010
- Original Survey (Instrument)
- FACT 2010 - Church of the Nazarene
- Funded By
- The Lilly Endowment, Inc.
- Collection Procedures
- The FACT (Faith Communities Today) 2010 survey of U.S. Church of the Nazarene congregations was carried out by Research Services at the Church of the Nazarene Global Ministry Center. The core survey instrument itself was the collaborative effort of FACT participating groups.
The survey instrument was only available in English. Where a valid email address was available for the pastor or church, invitations to participate in the survey were sent by email. The email included a link to a password protected online survey form. All other churches in the sample were mailed a paper survey form, although the cover letter gave them the option of completing the survey online.
- Sampling Procedures
- A random sample of 1,500 US Nazarene churches was drawn and contacted via email when available, or otherwise via postal mail. A total of 394 completed surveys were received for a 26 percent response rate.
- Principal Investigators
- Richard Houseal, Nazarene Research Center