The Question Bank helps you to create your own surveys/questionnaires using the holdings in theARDA's Data Archive.
To create your own survey, follow these steps (links will open in separate windows):
- Visit theARDA's Data Archive
- Search all files in the archive for a topic. To view more information about a variable, click on its name. This will take you to that variable in the file's codebook.
- Alternately, you can simply view the codebook of a particular survey by browsing for it
- In either case, once you are viewing a variable in a codebook that you would like to add to your survey, click on the "Add to Question Bank" link that will appear under the question.
- The description and possible answers for that question will be added to your survey.
- At any time you may click on "Question Bank" in the toolbar to see your stored items.
- When viewing your Question Bank you are given the option to remove individual items, clear your Question Bank, or print the Question Bank for future reference.
- Normally, Question Banks are cleared when you close your browser. If you would like to save a permanent copy that you can access at any time, click on the "Save Bank" link. To see an example of a saved Question Bank, click here